These lamb kebabs aren’t really that red, but their marinade is. The marinade gives them a lovely tangy kick that really stands out.
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons Red Sheep Seasoning
10 cloves garlic, crushed
4 pounds leg of lamb, fat removed and cut into 1 1/2″ cubes
2 large white onions, cut into 1 1/2″ chunks
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, kebab seasoning, and garlic.
- Pour over the lamb, mix well, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, preferably 8 hours or more.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in hot water for an hour. If using metal skewers, no prep is needed.
- About 1/2 hour before cooking, remove the meat from the refrigerator and warm it to room temperature.
- Spear a cube of meat onto the skewer, then a section of onion, then repeat until there are six of each per skewer.
- For broiling, place on a roasting pan about 3-5″ from the flame. Broil on one side for 4-5 minutes, turn over, and broil 4-5 minutes more. If you like it rare, reduce cooking time on each side by 1-2 minutes.
- For grilling, preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Grill the skewers, rotating to char them on all sides, for 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: Midlde Eastern, meat, lamb, grill, broil, barbecue, skewer